All dogs over four months in age and any dog that is off the owner's premises regardless of age in New York State must be licensed (N.Y.S. Department of Agriculture and Markets Law). New dogs over 4 months need to be licensed within thirty days of obtaining the dog. To obtain a license, bring or mail a current rabies vaccination and (if applicable) a neutering / spaying certificate to the Town Clerk's office. A license obtained in the Town of New Baltimore must be renewed once each year, due the same month that it was originally obtained. Licenses (with few exceptions) must be on the dog at all times. Not only is this the law, but it is the best way we can find the owner of a lost dog.
*Altered = spayed or neutered
License year - October 1 through September 30.
Hunting - small game, big game, muzzleloading requires a previous hunting license or hunter education certificate.
Trapping - trapping or junior trapping requires a previous trapping license or trapper education course.
Bowhunting - bowhunting or junior archery requires both hunting (see above) and bowhunting training.
- New York State residents are entitled to combination, junior trapping, senior, or individual resident licenses.
- DMV license identification
- Affidavit plus criteria (where do you vote?)
- Non-residents can purchase only non-resident licenses, except for junior archery and junior hunting licenses
- Junior archery and junior hunting provide the same privilege at same price to both residents and non-residents.
|$5.00||Senior Annual Hunting, age 70+ or military disability* (40% or greater)|
|5.00||Adolescent Annual Hunting (ages 12-15)|
|22.00||Regular Annual Hunting (small and big game)|
|5.00||Adolescent and Senior Trapping (ages 12-15 and 70+)|
|15.00||Bowhunting (Regular Annual Hunting license req’d)|
|15.00||Muzzleloading (Regular Annual Hunting license req’d)|
|10.00||Deer Management Permit|
|5.00||Jr. Trapping (12-15 years)|
|4.00||Jr. Bow Hunting (12 - 15 years)|
|10.00||Deer Management Permit (No fee ages 12-15)|
*See NYS Department of Environmental Conservation Hunting & Trapping Guide
Fees vary depending on tag or permit needed.
Any person 16 years or older must obtain a fishing license. A New York State driver’s license is needed to prove residency. Licenses are valid one year from the date of purchase.
|$25.00||Annual Age 16-69|
|5.00||Annual Age 70+ and Military/Disabled with a 40% or More Disability|
|12.00||7 day license (must be consecutive) 16+|
|5.00||1 day 16+|
|28.00||7 day license (must be consecutive) 16+|
|10.00||1 day 16+|
Lifetime Fishing Licenses: Available to New York State Residents Only
|$460.00||Lifetime Fishing Age 0-69|
|65.00||Lifetime Fishing Age 70+|
Age: Marriages of minors under eighteen years of age is prohibited. If either applicant is under 18 years of age, a marriage license cannot be issued. More information can be found at the NYS Dept of Health website: https://www.health.ny.gov/publications/4210/.
Proof of Age
Two forms of ID are required, each showing date of birth. This office requires a Certified Copy of Birth Certificate and one other form. The following are acceptable documents to support information submitted by marriage license applicants:
- Driver's License
- Non-Driver's License
- Naturalization Papers
- Military ID Card
- Employer's Photo ID (must have birth date)
- Baptismal or other Church Record established by one year of age.
For previous marriages, the following is required:
- Certified Copy of Death Certificate if last marriage ended in death
- Certified Copy of Divorce Decree or Certificate of Dissolution of Marriage for any or all marriage(s) ended in divorce.
License Fee and Requirements
- 24 hour waiting period
- License is valid for 60 days beginning the day after it is issued
- Any and all divorce decrees or certificates of dissolution of previous marriages are necessary
- $40 license fee
- $10 certified copy of license
These requirements are per the New York State Department of Health, Vital Records Section.
3809 County Route 51
Hannacroix, NY 12087
Phone: (518) 756-6671
Ext. 2: Tax Office
Ext. 4: Town Court
Ext. 5: Town Clerk: Barb Finke
Ext. 6: Zoning/Planning/Building: Allan Jourdin & Marjorie Loux
Ext. 7: Town Supervisor: Jeff Ruso
Ext. 8: Assessor: Dawn DeRose
Fax: (518) 756-8880
Phone: (518) 756-2078
Fax: (518) 756-3078
Phone: (518) 756-2079
Court Clerk: Lynne Layman-Wallace & Asia Irizarry-Decker
Greene County Sheriff
Phone: (518) 756-3300
Dog Control Officer