The Freedom of Information Law provides rights of access to records reflective of governmental decisions and policies that affect the lives of every New Yorker. However an agency does not have to create a new document in order to provide the individual the requested information.
A Records Access application is filled out by the individual requesting the information. If possible you should supply dates, titles, file designations, or any other information that will help find requested records.
Within 5 business days of the receipt of a written request for a record reasonably described, the agency must furnish a written acknowledgement of receipt of the request. Within 20 business days the agency must make the record available, deny access in writing giving the reasons for denial, or provide a statement of the approximate date when the request will be granted or denied.
Copies-$.25 per page
A fee for copying other records may be charged based upon the actual cost of reproduction.
The Town Clerk's Office at Town Hall is open Monday-Friday from 9 AM-4 PM. Availability by appointment on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month, from 5:30 PM until the start of the Board Meeing at 7 PM. Other times also by appointment.
We are starting to make town forms available online. If you do not find the form you are looking for, please call the Town Clerk’s Office to request a copy.
Town Clerk: Barbara Finke
Deputy Town Clerks - Marjorie Loux, Amanda Eldred, and Sandra Trombley
3809 County Route 51
Hannacroix, NY 12087
Phone: 518-756-6671, Ext. 5
For Town Board Meeting Agendas or Minutes, please check our folder Town Documents archive .
- Town Board Meeting Minutes. Copies available upon request
Town Budget.Copies available upon request
- Town Codes
- Freedom of Information
- Death Records
- Genealogy Records & Resources
- NYS Department of Health https://www.health.ny.gov/vital_records/genealogy.htm
- Vital records registration started in the Town of New Baltimore for Births in 1901, Deaths in 1903 and Marriages in 1903. Generally, the Town of New Baltimore provides uncertified copies of the following types of records for genealogy research purposes
Birth certificates - if on file for at least 75 years and the person whose name is on the birth certificate is known to be deceased.
Death certificates - if on file for at least 50 years.
Marriage certificates - if on file for at least 50 years and both spouses are known to be deceased.
- Dog License All dogs over four months in age and any dog that is off the owner's premises regardless of age in New York State must be licensed (N.Y.S. Department of Agriculture and Markets Law). New dogs over 4 months need to be licensed within thirty days of obtaining the dog. To obtain a license, bring or mail a current rabies vaccination and (if applicable) a neutering / spaying certificate to the Town Clerk's office. A license obtained in the Town of New Baltimore must be renewed once each year, due the same month that it was originally obtained. Licenses (with few exceptions) must be on the dog at all times. Not only is this the law, but it is the best way we can find the owner of a lost dog.
- Fishing License
- Hunting License
- Marriage License For information on getting married in New York please visit the NYS Dept of Health website: https://www.health.ny.gov/publications/4210/
Permits - Helpful links and PDF Files available for download
- pdf Owner consent form (56 KB)
- document Building permit app P1 (67 KB)
- document Building permit app P2 (70 KB)
- document Building Permit App p3 (118 KB)
- pdf Workers Comp (390 KB)
- pdf Building Department Construction Details (115 KB)
- pdf Plot Diagram (140 KB)
- pdf Set Back Diagram (36 KB)
- pdf Fee Resolution 10/24/16 (56 KB)
- pdf Septic Systems Professionally Engineered (26 KB)
- pdf Handicapped Parking Permit (137 KB)
- pdf Handicapped Parking Permit Instructions (44 KB)
- pdf NY Absentee Ballot (574 KB)
FOR EMERGENCIES, DIAL 911
Fire & Ambulance
TO REPORT CONTROLLED BURN TO GREENE COUNTY: 518-622-3344
Emergency number for the hearing impaired: 1-800-342-4357
Hudson Valley Poison Center: 1-800-336-699
Emergency Services Questionnaire - March 2011
Town-wide Recorded Emergency Phone Number: 518-756-6600
The Town has established a RECORDED emergency information phone number as part of the update to the Town Emergency Response Plan. If there is an extreme weather situation, a very large accident or another type of LARGE emergency event, you can dial 756-6600 to learn if there are any specific instructions for you to follow as a resident of the Town.
Do not confuse this number with 911; only a recorded message will be found on 756-6600, you cannot leave a message or ask for help. If there is a busy signal, just dial again in a few minutes.
Officer: Alan VanWormer
Home phone: 518 756-7685
Cell Phone: 518 567-4961
Fire Departments (non emergency)
Cornell Hook & Ladder
High Rock Road Police 518-756-2045
Cornell Hook & Ladder
Gill Road 518-756-8222
Route 51 518-731-8527
Greene County Sheriff/New Baltimore Satellite Substation 518-756-3300
State Police/Coxsackie Satellite 518-731-2333
Route 51 518--731-8527
Poison Center 1-800-222-1222
Hudson Valley Poison Center
Sherry Vieta: 518-322-9783
Back up number for all Fire & Ambulance 518-622-3643
For personal Ambulance services, please see the Yellow Pages.
27-39 Reed Street
US Route 9W
New Baltimore 12124
State Route 144
West Coxsackie 12192
270 Mansion Street
US Route 81
Located adjacent to the New Baltimore Highway Garage on Rt. 51
Hours: Wednesdays and Saturdays 8AM-12PM
|Items Accepted||Fee Per item|
|Cans- tin, aluminum||free|
|Clothing (white bin near recycle shed)||free|
|Glass jars and bottles (no window glass)||free|
|Plastic (not plastic that breaks when crushed)||free|
|Tires up to and incl 16” w/o rim -||$4.00|
|Tires up to and incl 16” w/rim -||$5.00|
|Tires larger than 16” w/o rim -||$15.00|
NO UNWASHED RECYCLABLES
3809 County Route 51
Hannacroix, NY 12087
Phone: (518) 756-6671
Ext. 2: Tax Office
Ext. 4: Town Court
Ext. 5: Town Clerk: Barb Finke
Ext. 6: Zoning/Planning/Building: Allan Jourdin & Marjorie Loux
Ext. 7: Town Supervisor: Jeff Ruso
Ext. 8: Assessor: Dawn DeRose
Fax: (518) 756-8880
Phone: (518) 756-2078
Fax: (518) 756-3078
Phone: (518) 756-2079
Court Clerk: Lynne Layman-Wallace & Asia Irizarry-Decker
Greene County Sheriff
Phone: (518) 756-3300
Dog Control Officer