License year - October 1 through September 30.
Hunting - small game, big game, muzzleloading requires a previous hunting license or hunter education certificate.
Trapping - trapping or junior trapping requires a previous trapping license or trapper education course.
Bowhunting - bowhunting or junior archery requires both hunting (see above) and bowhunting training.
- New York State residents are entitled to combination, junior trapping, senior, or individual resident licenses.
- DMV license identification
- Affidavit plus criteria (where do you vote?)
- Non-residents can purchase only non-resident licenses, except for junior archery and junior hunting licenses
- Junior archery and junior hunting provide the same privilege at same price to both residents and non-residents.
|$5.00||Senior Sportsman age 65 or military disability* (40% or greater)|
|19.00||Small & big game|
|16.00||Bowhunting (big game license req’d)|
|16.00||Muzzleloading (big game license req’d)|
|37.00||Small game, big game and fishing/Sportsman *|
|68.00||Fishing, small game, big game, bowhunting, muzzleloading and turkey permit/Super Sportsman*|
|25.00||7 day license ( must be consecutive)|
|6.00||Jr. Trapping (under 16)|
|9.00||Jr. Archery (14 - 15 years)|
|250.00||Hunting, fishing, bowhunting, muzzleloading and turkey permit/Non-resident Super Sportsman*|
|55.00||Small game with gun or bow*|
|110.00||Deer with gun, muzzleloader, or bow with proof of bow ed.*|
|110.00||Deer only with a bow*|
|110.00||Deer only with a muzzleloader*|
|30.00||Wild turkey only*|
*See NYS Department of Environmental Conservation Hunting & Trapping Guide